Sunday, August 21, 2016

Palazzo delle Esposizioni

Palazzo delle Esposizioni by Pio Piacentini, Via Nazionale, Rome
Palazzo delle Esposizioni by Pio Piacentini, 1893
Via Nazionale
Rome, April 2013

“The Palazzo delle Esposizioni is a neoclassical exhibition hall, cultural center and museum on Via Nazionale in Rome, Italy. Designed by Pio Piacentini, it opened in 1883. It has housed several exhibitions (e.g. Mostra della Rivoluzione Fascista, Mostra Augustea della Romanità), and was temporarily modified during the fascist era due to its style being thought to be out of step with the times. The building is owned by the City of Rome and the museum is administered by Azienda Speciale Palaexpo, an agency run by the City's Office for Education and Culture. It has a 139-seat cinema, a 90-seat auditorium, a cafe, a large 240 person restaurant, a library and a multi-functional room known as the Forum.” (Palazzo delle Esposizioni, Wikipedia)