Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Fisher Boy

Il Pescatore, The Fisher Boy by Vincenzo Gemito, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Florence
“Il Pescatore” (The Fisher Boy) by Vincenzo Gemito, 1874-1876
Museo Nazionale del Bargello
Florence, October 2013

“Maybe you will feel that way about my favorite here Il Pescatore (The Fisher Boy) by Vincenzo Gemito from 1874-1876. But I love the natural gesture of this bronze figure sculpture. I like that the patina is not what my foundry calls ‘cowboy brown’ or worse – shiny. I love the way the boy’s toes are gripping the mound he is squatting on. I can remember this feeling of slowly sliding down the side of the muddy river bank, while trying not to.”
(Gemito Sculpture Bargello Museum, Fine Art by Kelly Borsheim)

2 comments:

La sonrisa de Hiperión said...

Como siempre un placer pasarme por tu casa.
Saludos.

cieldequimper said...

It's a lovely little bronze with a delightful description!